On Friday, March 28th, we held another Super Knights Assembly. This month’s Super Knights were Melody Anderson, Macarthur Reilly, Anne Wallace, Dakota Dalley, Carlie Maughan, and Steven Bartholomew. Here are some comments by teachers at SJHS about each Super Knight:
Melody Anderson - 7th Grade
● I think she is the ideal student. She is always on task, willing to do whatever the teacher asks, and always smiling.
● She is very hardworking. She completes her assignment above and beyond what is asked of her.
● She is always ready, prepared and enthusiastic about class. She completes assignments early and they are excellently done. She is a wonderful student who sets an amazing example for her classmates.
Macarthur Reilly - 7th Grade
● I appreciate his hard work in class. He is a very respectful student. He has a positive attitude and is willing to help others. He's an exceptional student
● He is a hard worker who asks excellent questions. He often volunteers to explain instructions to other students when they don't understand the assignment. He is works well with other classmates and always enters class with a smile.
● He is a very hard working, never give up kind of kid. It has been a pleasure having in my class this year. He is helpful and kind and works so hard. He isn't afraid to ask questions, which helps him learn so much more. He is an amazing kid.
Anne Wallace - 8th Grade
● She comes to class with a smile and does an excellent job. I appreciate her work ethic, positive attitude and caring personality.
● She is a sweet girl who always does her best. She cares...and that is a great quality to have. Because she cares, she learns and sets a great example to others. When projects were difficult she worked the problems and achieved her goals.
● She is a great young lady who is so kind and shows her gratitude. She is very responsible and a joy to teach.
● This student always goes the extra mile with kindness and academics. She is very thoughtful and caring. She makes sure to thank and greet and help others along who don't have many friends.
Dakota Dalley - 8th Grade
● He is always willing to help in any way possible. He will often randomly come into my classroom and ask if there is anything that he could do for me. He is always positive in class.
● He is kind. He always asks what he can do to help in my classroom.
● He comes prepared to class every day. He always does his best work. He is always kind and respectful to me, which I really appreciate. He is a great example of a responsible citizen and successful learner.
Carlie Maughan - 9th Grade
● She is a great member of our HOPE Squad. She is very caring, and helpful to her peers. She is friendly and makes everyone around her feel included and happy.
● She is extremely nice to everyone! She’s very conscientious, works hard and does her best work. She thanks me, as a teacher, for helping her. She’s an all-around amazing young lady.
● She always has a good attitude and a smile on her face. She not only participates in class, but she gets other students excited about what we are doing in class. I love her fun, spunky attitude!
Steven Bartholomew - 9th Grade
● He is bright and fun—an engaged learner
● He is thoughtful and funny. I can always count on him for a funny comment in class. He is always kind to those around him
.● He is an excellent student and young man. He is respectful, polite and has an above average sense of humor and intelligence. He has a sweet collection of corduroy clothes and some dance moves that would make Napoleon Dynamite jealous. I've really enjoyed having him in class throughout junior high!
Ms. Miley, an assistant principal at SJHS, said, “The teachers and staff each nominate a boy and a girl from each grade, then a ballot goes out to all of the adults at SJHS to vote on the nominees. The boy and girl from each grade with the most votes are named Super Knights.” She said that she loves the Super Knight program because we get to recognize students that are doing a great job at SJHS.