March 13, 2020
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT TO DISMISS SCHOOLS
As directed by the State of Utah, all public schools in Utah will dismiss beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, for two weeks in response to COVID-19. This is a proactive measure.
School “dismissal” means that Nebo employees will continue to be in the schools providing learning for students through online instruction and/or educational packets to continue student learning. Further communication about devices and materials will come from your school.
Educators in Nebo School District are working on plans to extend learning at home through online learning opportunities. The first of next week, teachers will be preparing online materials, and we anticipate instruction will begin Wednesday, March 18.
More information will be made available to explain the details of the online platform as teachers use this time to prepare. Please watch for specific information to follow.
MEALS FOR STUDENTS
In order to provide our Nebo students with “Grab and Go” meals, breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase at normal prices. Free/reduced meals are available for those who qualify.
• The school proactive dismissal for two weeks is meant to support social distancing and self-isolation to reduce the reach and spread of this virus. There will be no athletic or extracurricular practices or games during these two weeks.
• COVID-19 has rapidly changing dynamics and the school district administrative team is working with local health authorities to monitor the situation on a daily basis.
• Nebo will continue to publish updates at www.nebo.edu.
• For further communication and specifics, contact your local school.
• The Utah Health Department COVID-19 Hotline can be accessed at 1-800-456-7707. You can also receive Utah County Health updates by texting “UCHEALTH” to 888777 or the Utah County COVID-19 Helpline at 801-851-HELP (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).