The intent of a safe walk route plan is not to identify every school access route or to identify the more convenient school access routes; it is to identify the safer school access routes. Care has been taken to consult with local law enforcement, school PTA and School Community Council representatives, and the District’s traffic safety committee in establishing these school access routes. Despite broad consultation and unanimous agreement from all parties involved in establishing this plan, no one, including the Nebo School District and Springville Jr. High School can guarantee that the agreed upon school access routes are or will ever be completely free from hazards.
Parents are encouraged to walk or bike the school access routes with their child/children, to address specific concerns they may have, and to instruct their child/children to obey the laws and rules pertaining to pedestrian safety. If a parent feels their child/children should use a school access route that is not identified in this plan, it is a parent’s prerogative.
As previously stated, the intent of a safe walk route plan is not to identify every school access route or to identity the more convenient school access routes. For this plan, school access routes leading to the school from areas where clusters of students live, have been identified and are described below.
The following provides general walking directions to Springville Junior High located at 189 South 1470 East in Springville, Utah:
- (Red) Students that live south of 400 South and west of Springville High School should follow side streets, using the sidewalks, to 400 South. 200 East is a good funnel street to get to 400 South for those on the west end of section one. Following 900 South and crossing onto 800 East at the four-way stop then following 800 East until it becomes Brookside Drive is another route to funnel into 400 South. Students should precede east on 400 South and Canyon Road. Canyon Road should be carefully crossed using the provided crosswalks to 1470 East, turning north into the school grounds.
- (Blue) Students that live east of Springville High School should follow the side streets, using the provided sidewalks to 1350 East. From south of the high school, use the crosswalk on 900 South to get to the north side of the street and proceed east to 1350 East. As students walk east on 1350 East, the street turns into 620 South. Students should carefully cross Canyon Road in the crosswalk. From south of Canyon Road, students should follow side streets, using the sidewalks, to reach 1700 East. Students should walk north on 1700 East and turn left/west onto Canyon Road, staying on the west side of the street. They should proceed on the west side of Canyon road until the reach the cross walk just to the north of 620 South. After crossing Canyon Road at 620 South, all students should turn left/north on Canyon Road and then right/east on Houtz Ave. Students should turn left/north on 1470 East. They should proceed north on 1470 East, carefully cross 400 South at the cross walk, then cross to the east side of 1470 East at the crosswalk, and proceed to the school grounds on the east side of the street.
- (Purple) Students that live north of Center Street should follow side roads, using the provided sidewalks, to Center Street. 200 West, 200 East, 400 East, 700 East, and 900 East have been designated streets to funnel onto Center Street. Students should proceed east on Center Street and carefully cross 1300 East at the crosswalk. At 1470 East students should use the crosswalk to cross Center Street. Follow 1470 East south to the school grounds.
- (Brown) Students that live south of 200 South and north of 400 South should proceed to 400 South using the provided sidewalks. Students should follow 400 South to Canyon Road crossing Canyon Road using the provided crosswalks to 1470 East turning north into the school grounds.
- (River Green) Students that live south of Center Street and north of 200 South should proceed to Center Street, proceed east on Center Street and carefully cross 1300 East at the crosswalk and continue to 1470 East turning south in the school grounds.
- (Forest Green) Students that live east of 1700 East should proceed to 1700 East, crossing at the provided crosswalk, to approximately 200 South and enter the back gate of the school grounds.
- (Yellow) Students that live west of Springville Jr. High, between Center St. and 400 South, and west of 800 East should proceed being careful to cross 1300 East to 200 South and enter the school grounds from 200 South.
|Safe Walking Route 8_1_21.png||707.31 KB|